Thread: Spare Parts
View Single Post
Old 2006-08-11, 22:08   Link #2
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyn
One question about the spare parts. Is it that easy to repair a MS / Gundam ?

In SEED, I don't remember which Ep it was, but I remember Duel's right arm being destroyed by Strike's beam (right after it changed its pack from Aile to Launcher). Then a few Eps after Duel has a brain new arm.

The problem is, it was the first time ZAFT see this kind of technology and yet they managed to replace the broken one quite rapidly. It was supposed to be the newest technology (with the phase shift armor) after all. I don't remember seing ZAFT taking any spare parts from Heliopolis, so it would mean that Earth technology, be it the latest one, can easily be duplicated.

And in SEED Astray v03, we see a fight between Gai and Miguel (both in their custumed Ginn) and Miguel's MS getting damaged. It is said that it took place a few months before SEED starts, so they could have repaired it and Miguel could have used it against Kira. But where was it? No spare parts?

*EDIT* It is the same Chaos and it's two funnels (don't know if it is the right name) being destroyed by Athrun and then replaced once on Earth
Unfortunately, the only time in CE they bothered to offer explanations for such incidences was for Strike Gundam. At the start of GS, Archangel had on-board enough spare parts for Strike Gundam to be able to literally build two extra Strikes out of them. (And they did, hence the second Strike as well as Rouge)

I was also reminded of the beginning of Zeta Gundam, when the protagonists stole three Gundam MkIIs, but they only fielded one in battle because the other two was needed as a source of spare parts.

If you want to be kind, I guess you can claim technology to duplicate items improved during GSD?

More likely though, The woman in Logos who helped Gilbert in planning the Armoury 1 Gundam jack had also supplied the spare parts to Blue Cosmos.