View Single Post
Old 2012-07-16, 10:50   Link #3132
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Eh, her getting beaten doesn't have the impact as Mikoto or the other girls being beaten.
You still dare say Kuroko being stomped by Awaki is more shocking than that? Ok read the post bellow I have a few questions for you ...

Quote:
Not to mention that a main character like Uiharu dying would not only effect the fanbase
You sure about that? When Uiharu got stomped by kakine it was like "wuah Kakine dislodged her shoulders!" "Accel is so cool!", Kuroko gets beaten up here and there: "oh she's pretty resilient". I don't think the fanbase would care that much if they died ... unless they died in an epic way that is.

Quote:
but the Railgun characters for some time
Misuzu-san mom is just a side chara ... do you think it won't affect Miko-chin for the rest of her life if she were to die on her? And do you think someone who's eager to help her in exchange of nothing dying on her wouldn't affect her for the rest of her life when she's traumatized with the death of a single clone she just met?

Quote:
while someone that's "popular" with the fans but irrelevant to the greater workings of the series wont have anywhere near as much of an effect.
Are you sure about that?
Spoiler for huge spoil for amazing series:

I have another more concrete example, do you think Miko-chin was more pissed off when Kuroko was beaten up or when Kongo did?

Quote:
Like Gin of Bleach. Ridiculously popular and a huge fan backing that was important to the plot. We all know how well the fanbase took what happened there. It wasn't pretty. While somewhat popular side characters like the Aeromancers(Or however you spell it) ended up suffering a similiar fate. People cared but it was nowhere near as much as they cared for Gin. Not to mention that as far as the series characters went they just got over it will Gin is still being felt in the Manga and by fans.
Since when was Gin that important to Bleach's plot, he's either a main protagonist nor a main antagonist. Hoy, are you quite aware that this backs up my point? Or do you think Gin has anything much to do with bleach's plot, do you really think he's a main character as those 4 girls are for railgun, didn't do anything much really notable or that plot affecting and his death isn't really that "plot affecting either", are you actually aware Gin has as much screentime a and importance as Rangiku, yet no one really cares about what would happen to big jugs.