View Single Post
Old 2008-11-22, 06:33   Link #82
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well because he is not suffering and even seems to enjoy it makes me call him a massochist.

Normal person, being treated that way the way Taiga treats Ryuuuji would not be able to bare it for longer period of time.

Ami on the other hand even being two-faced and all is easy to speak and talk to even if she shows her more serious side (actually I like her other side more than the cute one). Too bad that Ryyuji prefers having his ass kicked around and being screamed at.
Oh, right, the fact that he isn't suffering WOULD make part of the defintion of masochist true, but him enjoying it? Give me at least one example where he gives any indication that he likes being called a dog or taking physical abuse. And I don't constitute NOT doing anything when Taiga does those things 'like'. Liking something and accepting it are two different things(i.e. a slave getting whipped for doing something wrong, he don't like it, but accepts punishment cuz if he don't the slavemaster/leader will kill him). And to give two examples where he don't like it is ep3's eye poke, after the restaurant where he flinches in fear, and ep7's running to school, where Taiga kicks him after being late, he says something like 'why are you doing this to me just because of food?".

You are right. A normal person probably couldn't stand that treatment. But none of the main chars are actually 'normal' people, perhaps except Kitamura. On top of that, Ryuuji admired the strength it took for Taiga to confess to Kitamura, and he was impressed by that(amongst other things). Seeing that Kitamura is doing the exact same thing by helping Sumire, I wouldn't say it's something that isn't normal here.

Easy to speak to? It looks like Ryuuji is having a hard time trying to understand whether Ami is serious or not, so from a psychological perspective, its not 'easy'. Granted, he needs time to understand her inner thoughts and her mannerisms, but since he couldn't tell if she was serious or not, he still has a ways to go. But once he understands Ami like he understands Taiga, it wont matter what she does. He'll more or less understand the underlying meaning in her words and their 'relationship' will progress. Hope that happens soon, then the drama will really start rollin'.