View Single Post
Old 2012-06-17, 19:01   Link #3250
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

It's hard to argue with extremists. They take the Bible way too seriously;Thou Shalt Not Go Against the Word of God. Sometimes, I couldn't help but to sympathize with these extremists. I suppose one could also argue they are just being delusional. However, I do understand that they are just trying to be God's obedient children, but the question that they should be asking themselves is this: Where to draw the line, considering that there are many "grey circumstances", in which we must not hold onto our beliefs rigidly. One thing the American family should realize is this: Religion is self-defined, and judgement will never work.

I am a Christian as well. Well, to be honest, an on/off Christian. I was a Buddhist until I was 14, and during those years, I didn't have a strong belief in Buddhism. When I converted to Christian, and I started going to bible study, I was taught that I shouldn't do this, shouldn't do that. Initially, I did try my best to be a good Christian, but somehow I "lost" myself. Do I live for myself, or do I live for Him? I understand that the Bible says my current life is only temporary. My real home is in heaven, with Heavenly Father. However, at the same time, I was told that being a good Christian means I should resist any temptation that comes my way. For some time, I resisted those temptations (lying, greed,etc,etc), but I did not resist it because I truly wanted to. I was just following what was taught in my bible class. I felt as if I was constantly involving myself in an act of hypocrisy;I was ashamed of myself. So eventually, I began to question myself and slowly lost faith in Him. In the recent years, I have begun to reconnect with God, but I have come to realize something. This is my personal opinion, but I do not think anyone can ever define what it means to be a good Christian. This is the mistake that I made years ago. I did not try to carve my own path as a Christian. My personal belief is this: I am still going to try to be a good Christian, but I am going to stop trying to avoid temptations at all cost. I will try to resist where I can, but if I absolutely can't refuse it, I will seek forgiveness from Him. Also, I am not going to rigidly follow the Bible word for word like I used to. It doesn't mean that by following the teachings in the Bible, we are true Christians. The human heart is sinful by nature, and if we continue to resist, doesn't that mean we are more or less superior with Him, since we commit no sin at all? I will inevitably commit sins, but I will try my best to learn from them, because when I breathe my last breath, I could do so with satisfaction, knowing that I could meet Him and tell him of my mistakes and how I triumph over them.

Just a side note, I find it ironic and funny in a way that those pure American Christians are committing one of the Seven Deadly Sins-Wrath!

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2012-06-17 at 19:18.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote