View Single Post
Old 2007-05-28, 22:47   Link #89
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye... I should be doing a better job of tracking which parts of the manga they've animated (and which are anime-only bits). ... adds it to the already impossible list of things to do.
Syu-ta is tracking this on his luckystar page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Personally, I think the fact is just that this anime is much more popular with the AnimeSuki crowd than that one. Maybe it's the moe. Maybe it's the humor. Maybe it's something to do with Death Note. I myself was following it for a while, but have lost interest.
Or it could just be a bad comparsion since the number of Death Note posts fell far off from its peak when the license was announced. Also, this show gets a lot of semi-trivial posting since it is slice of life while death note doesn't since it is fantasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
If it's product placement, though, shouldn't the other publishers be paying them.
This depends on what they are going to animate and where. For example, if they want to put in a gundam, they have go to pay for the rights to show a gundam. However, if Apple comes up to them and says "we want konata playing mmo's on a mac", Apple might have to pay to get them to put it in (and then they will ahve to negotiate about the logo which isn't neccesarily required).