View Single Post
Old 2018-07-05, 23:28   Link #11
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It was kind of distracting for me how copy/past it felt. Just kind of went through the episode with a "oh there's the Menma of the group and oh yes of course Anaru" etc. Maybe it's a given that relationships would be this similar in a setup that already screamed MMO Ano Hana.

Ano Hana was really good so I can see it working regardless. But at least the first episode didn't really wow me. Just a reminder that I should just go back and rewatch Ano Hana really .

Maybe the most unbelievable thing is the lack of mass protest about a game that arbitrarily refuses to let people play it. Free to Play is fine and all, but a system that scans you for a 'sense' and only allows you to play if you have this arbitrary trait. Forget the girl dying leading to the service shutting down, that kind of exclusive policy would be a death sentence.
Free to Play doesn't generate income. Those with the special sense prob are also paying for stuff to advance their gaming. This game produces a baseline elite status. You have to put some money into gaming to become more "elite" than the baseline "elite". It is attracting and encouraging whales imo.

I was being reminded more about SAO as soon as the death in the game translated to a death irl.