View Single Post
Old 2007-07-16, 17:42   Link #91
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
I remember rolling my eyes in the first season's first episode, thinking the comedy wasn't all that funny, and the characters were so cliche that the only thing worth watching about the show was all the psycho moments.

Lol, I've come a looooooong way since then. I have to say that this episode was brilliant. I hardly laugh at anime, but I was going crazy the whole time. I just realised how great the main characters of Higurashi are, and you could feel the chemistry they have with each other. The characters interact are so amusing, that I'd even go as far as saying that I wouldn't mind watching a 12 episode "Higurashi Fumoffu."
Same here, and it pretty much repeated with the first episodes of each chapter that had those happy go lucky starts. I didn't really enjoy this second episode that much either, to be honest. There were a few great moments for sure, but one scene that really irked me was the Satoko chasing Keichi scene where he stopped to talk to the girls on the yard with Satoko still somehow running laps around the school building. That along with Keichi's over overblown reaction to the false accusations made me roll my eyes.

Quote:
This is probably one of the few anime that I'll download as SOON as it's subbed. I'll be honest, I've never been engaged in an anime plot the way I've been engaged in Higurashi, and it's pretty easy to sneer at that because Higurashi has all that "moe" stuff.
I still agree with this, though. I'd go as far as saying that Higurashi has the most ingenious plot of any fictional piece I've ever witnessed and despite their flawed genki-modes, the characters are incredibly interesting as well.