View Single Post
Old 2010-07-23, 10:21   Link #2264
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
I knew about Andromeda and Perseus, (Though I did not know about that Perseus/Pegasus constellation thing, which is kind of a neat little touch), though I never really thought it was a good reference. Sure Andromeda and Medusa were both in the Perseus legend, but the only time they ever 'met' was when Andromeda happened to be somewhat nearby Medusa's severed head. Still, I can understand why the Bloodfort Andromeda was named that.

What I don't get is the significance of the ability itself. Was there any legend that Medusa slowly killed those in a proximity around herself just by being there? It might be justified by her releasing a poison or something just by moving around, but if so I don't recall it.

Of course, I might be thinking too much into it. It's not like Medea was well-known for her magical contract-breaking knife; it's just that betrayal was a major theme of her story (She betrayed her father for Jason, Jason betrayed her for another woman, etc., etc.). Maybe Bloodfort is a similar thing, symbolizing solitude and death or something to that effect.

Last edited by Moczo; 2010-07-23 at 10:52.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote