View Single Post
Old 2008-06-13, 20:40   Link #17
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsley View Post
to gimp: I tried it some times at school since we just have gimp there and the only thing I can say: I hate it.
The windows are appearing and disappearing and everything looks so unfriendly imo -.- Furthermore I didn't find the stuff I'm used to use so it is absolutely annoying me.
That's basically the problem I have. It's harder for me to use since I don't know where everything is and such. I'll probably become used to it eventually, but I still prefer photoshop.

This whole debate is all going to depend on personal opinions and such though, so it's basically a never ending argument. o.O

Quote:
Rofl, you wanna see me get the same result of the filter in gimp? What filters are is simply doing a process of things compressed into a little tool option. As long as you can make a pixel of color you can always produce the same result. Seriously, for example look at this vid. It really just a matter of skill, kid.
I'm not talking about the same result by making it on your own pixel by pixel or anything. I'm talking about the program not having the same filters and such. I'm not willing to spend tons of time on making a few sparkles when it takes a second for a filter.