View Single Post
Old 2011-12-17, 21:19   Link #128
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

The girls really stepped it up this week.

Inori gets an upgrade in expressiveness, and not a moment too soon. She really needed to take this step to make the drama surrounding her more personal. The new facial expressions add so much to her. I know they've been going for "enigmatic bedroom eyes" with her up until now, but too often she ended up more "Nope, Chuck Testa" lifeless.

Hare's a goddamned superstar this week. No one else even makes an effort to see things from Shu's perspective, but she tries to support him. Not only that, she totally calls him on his BS when he finally goes too far. She strikes the perfect balance between supportive and proactive when no one else seems capable of doing so.

I sort of wish Shu hadn't started the episode so close to rock bottom, so that we could have seen him collapse into what he becomes in the end. I kept wanting him to struggle with maintaining his composure while he was being subjected to those flashes of horror, but by the time the episode starts, he's already pretty much been worn down by them. But I'm a backseat driver like that.