View Single Post
Old 2012-09-28, 16:01   Link #68
Maerskian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Despite the opening episode, Mouryou no Hako is definitely not a "class-S" show about teen-aged girls obsessed with each other. The scene on the train is much closer to the overall sensibility of this show.
Just saw one more episode and... absolutely, it looks that way. To be honest, the initial scene on the train caused a great impression; not that i'm a fan of horror/supernatural shows, in fact ... even if i think that's a genre with enormous potential... anime tends to go too much on topic instead of exploring new ways on it.... anyways, what i really like about Mouryou No Hako is the combination of drawings ( better than average animes ) and specially some scenes & sequences ( like the one on the train, that was well executed ).

For a brief moment, my hopes skyrocketed with the aforementioned initial scene... i was even expecting some surreal depravation dream-like scene ( Shintaro Kago came to mind on that very moment ) ... but guess that's too much for expectation ... anyways, the show looks good, and it's the most interesting out of the lot i have on my ongoing animes.

Quote:
I found Real Drive extremely variable. The episode with "Eliza" is an intriguing tribute to both Stanley Kubrick and Joseph Weizenbaum. Many other episodes left me unmoved.
hmmm.... so far, just swallowed the trashy parts... think i'll just give this show more time to check by myself if there's really anything worth mentioning ....

Quote:
As for Kurenai, if you expected it to be an action show, it's not. It's much more a character drama with slice-of-life features. The story about Murasaki and her family returns in the closing few episodes, but in the middle, it's much more about her introduction to life outside the Sanctum.
To be honest, i had no specific spectations on this one... just wanted to try it since, in the en, most of the shows Dawnstorm pointed as the most interesting titles.... turned out to be exactly the better.... so had to go for it didn't even stop too much checking the plot or anything.

Quote:
If you don't find episode six entertaining, you're probably not the right audience for Kurenai.
Still not sure what awaits me at ep. 6 but... this could be a controversial twist at this point of my life:

Years ago, i enjoyed shows like Aishiteruze Baby and the likes, or even found entertaining shows like Paradise Kiss or Nana ( to my own surprise ) , Air , Kanon, Ef , Mahou Tsukai Ni Taisetsu Na Koto , Saikano .... ( I was about to add Sugar , Da Da Daa ... or similar animes, but they have a different approach IMHO since they introduce a different set of characters/situations ... same for Honey & Clover + Nodame Cantabile ) .... but i find myself changed right now... and still not too sure if i'd welcome this kind of shows nowadays; this is a question in the air i still need to answer to myself; i still hold dear all those names i listed but.... will i be able to embrace new shows like those ones ? That's what i wonder, and seems like Kurenai will be my first trial
Maerskian is offline   Reply With Quote