View Single Post
Old 2010-12-15, 11:47   Link #38
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Plenty of anime contain tiers, power-ups, and rates of growth that make much more sense than this.
True but i was mearly stating this is anime as anime can go from making sense to making none almost instantly.

Quote:
Until we learn of why being part human makes Ichigo so special, his unique spiritual make-up alone doesn't put him in a league of his own nor does it help to further explain his potential. For all we know, the only special thing about being human is that it allowed Ichigo a natural method to achieve hollow powers on his own.
On the other side of the coin so to say it makes him special and on his own level because we dont know what being part human implicates in this world/universe. As far as ichigo's potential, that goes without saying. This guy is new, maby 15/16 while Aizen and the rest are centuries old having had maby a millennium to research and train. If you wanna talk potential there is no comparison when it comes to ichigo. The guy progresses so fast its scary! It even made Byuakkuga upset when ichigo started talking about his bankai, and Byuak-sama was saying it takes centuries to gain complete control over ones bankai, yet it took ichigo what? 3 days??!?!!?

Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree. Because your statements don't help me understand exactly how and why his "undead hollow" form (controlled or not) should make Ichigo's power increase to the *exponential* level it would take to catch up to where Aizen is now. Especially since the series has yet to explain how being part human is even remotely relevant to his rate of growth in comparison to the rest of the vizards and arrancar.
That statement wasnt ment to help you understand but to simply put out there, we dont know the capabilities of eithers form. From what we saw they were dominant with unique abilities that far exceeded anything we have seen thus far. We are unable to gauge scientifically or through the all famous "power levels" each of their forms potential. We just know as much as the author wants us to know right now, and thats is that they are both in a league of their own.

Quote:
Right now, being human barely seems to give Ichigo's shinigami + hollow power combination the advantage against a single captain level opponent. On the other hand, Aizen's shinigami half alone has proven to be multiple times more powerful than captain level. So why should one new hollow power-up eliminate the gross disparity in strength between (shinigami+hollow) Ichigo & (shinigami + hollow) Aizen, when Ichigo with both halves of his power can't even hold a candle to one side of Aizen's power (much less the both of them combined)? Simply because he's human as well?
Once again ill state that ichigo is seriously scary because he is only 15/16, Has surpassed some of the greatest hallows/captains/and the list goes on in the shortest amount of time comparable. Ichigo is unique in just his being and the entire series has proven it. Now if we look at Aizen, the guy has had centuries to get to where he is, while ichigo has had what? Maby 2-4 years since he got mixed in the whole mess of shini/hallow?

As it stands that hyper bolic time chamber that isshin and ichigo are in right now could possibly be the greatest asset to them in the entire series, especially at the rate ichigo grows and becomes stronger.

Quote:
If Ichigo is just as powerful as Aizen, then why would he be afraid of him or need another training session right now?
The guy is still a pre-adult, no one just ups and becomes a solid hardened soldier/fighter/warrior even at those ages unless they have been through those circumstances all their life. And in anime its very common to see such fear from our main characters with the supporting cast having to help him become the fearless hero we all want to see.

Also a thing to think about is, Ichigo had no recollection of what transpired after he went undead crazed hallow form. He does not have the experience or feeling of that form to combat Aizens new form in his mind. He was IMO unconsciously comparing his hollowfied shinigami form to Aizen's.

Anyways it is all speculation on my part as that form could just turn out to be a flux or plot hole. What I have expressed is my sole opinion based on what I presume to be the future.