Thread: Crunchyroll Dog Days
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-06, 15:06   Link #12
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I hope you're not implying that it would, in theory, be impossible to do so.

Everything on your list there except for Angel Beats hasn't aired yet, and Angel Beats failed due to sheer incompetency on the part of its staff.

Time will tell whether sticking ten brilliant people in a room together can actually produce something of value, but I think at least one of those shows will succeed.
Angel Beats is one of the best selling anime tv shows of all time, if that's not considered a hit to the people who financed and backed the show I don't know what is. Going by this top 25 it would be in the 14th slot.. that list is of course dated and you have MF, Geass R2, two K-ON! series and two 00 series to have sold better.. but that only means it goes to being the 21st best seller for anime tv shows.

Bottom line for the guys putting up the money for Dogs Day, Angel Beats, Madoka Magica, Fractale, Anohana.. a critical hit but commercial failure like Baccano! would be a disaster, a critical hit and commercially successful production like Durarara would be fantastic, but if it sells as good as Angel Beats who cares even if it sucks according to critics.

When people are out to make a "bit hit" I doubt they care if the product is actually "quality", heck if it's popular enough in the first place they'll have legions of fans to argue why it's "quality" anyway..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote