View Single Post
Old 2012-03-16, 21:30   Link #3244
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
(Warning soccer noob post incoming

Wow, I'm only casual soccer fan (sorry yank here) but these look like some interesting matchups.

I love Cinderella Stories but does anyone give APOEL a fighting chance against the Bernabeu crew? They handed CSKA Moscow's ass on a platter from what I remember seeing. (Damn these Spaniards can play).

Wow, AC Milan and Barca, neat. That should be cool. Also interested in the French league so wanna see what L'OM can do.

You guys really think an El Classico CL final is in the bag?
APOEL are a tight defensive squad and have surprised teams with much better individual players during the group stages. However RM is on a totally different level from what they have faced before. Madrid is also adept at breaking down teams that dig in, so APOEL's chances are very slim.

I can't see Milan giving Barca much trouble either, although Arsenal struggled to deploy their passing game effectively on the poor pitch at San Siro.

Barca and Real can't meet before the finals and who is going to stop them from getting there?

Winner of Marseille/ Bayern vs winner of APOEL/ Real Madrid ( Semifinal 1)
Winner of Benfica/Chelsea vs winner of AC Milan vs Barcelona ( Semifinal 2)

Bayern might have a chance, but they couldn't beat Maurinho's Inter in 2010, doubt they will do better against Maurinho's current Real.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote