View Single Post
Old 2017-09-28, 09:14   Link #7
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ don't lie. you'd watch it anyways to see how much of a train wreck it is compared to the original. that being said, i would like to know what direction they take the story in. as it stands now, you can't really transplant the story into a typical western setting and have it work. it'd have to undergo a massive transformation with some pretty big plot changes to have it work that way.

I wonder if Shinkai will have any influence in the direction it goes in. also, one of the biggest draws of the movie was the artwork and the way they framed the shots. there's a snowball's chance in hell that they'll manage to recreate it in life action, unless they get some ridiculous cinematographer.

if they wanted to adapt a Shinkai film (they probably didn't and rather wanted to capitalize on the popularity of your name) they should have done 5cm/s. it'd be infinitely easier to have a film like that in live action. it doesn't have a hollywood ending, but who cares.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2017-09-28 at 09:32.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote