View Single Post
Old 2013-04-17, 21:22   Link #38018
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Zafira seemed to have no place in the TSAB except as Hayate's bodyguard, anyway (though could just be neglect based on the fact that he's the familiar of the bunch, rather than a mage; the same neglect that had him spend all season in wolf form, and almost never talk).

Not that they told us Shamal's official position, either, but it's not hard to guess that she entered the medical section of some branch. The only question is which branch.
They might be "only" a Guardian Beast and the Medic of the team, but they are still two Wolkenritter in the eyes of the TSAB, so I'd think they'll try to press to put Shamal and Zafira as frontliners, just like Signum and Vita, if only by intimidation factor alone. Again, playing with the Boogeyman status the Wolkenritter have (Random Mook from TSAB space: do you want to be persued by a TSAB squadron lead by a[1] Wolkenritter?!)

[1] Never mind no Wolkenritter would lead any squad anytime soon, this is the my idea on how the Mook would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Still, anyone who thinks Shamal would make impartial triage decisions when Hayate needs attention, or thinks that Shamal can be ordered to treat someone before Hayate, would have to be pretty delusional. Even if Shamal officially must answer to a higher authority than Hayate, she'll always consider Hayate her first priority.

Likewise, Signum and Vita would abandon their units in the middle of high-speed aerial combat if either of them needed to race to Hayate's rescue. No orders from any authority would prevent this; possibly not even Hayate's own commands.
Of course. I was just talking about normal circumstances.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote