View Single Post
Old 2018-02-13, 01:15   Link #3048
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I didn't expect the changes to be this significant. It's almost like they're intending to change the general flow of R2, yet still striving for the same outcome.

Idk how I feel about this since on one hand, change is kinda good since some won't want a complete rehashing of the original series, but on the other hand, some may be peeved that they even try to change anything at all. It's one thing to add additional content, it's another to alter existing material which in turn makes the original story at least partially non-canon given just how significant some of these changes are.

That said, personally I'm not mad tbh. I kinda welcome it. See, as someone who has watched the original series about 4-5 times by this point, I wouldn't have given these compilations a chance if they were just a rehashing. And if I'm being completely honest here, there are a few changes mentioned here that I actually like since I thought the events/scenes that they changed were lacking/weak in the original series.

Ofc where there are pros, there are also cons and some changes do bother me like the absence of Mao for one and I'll "refrain" from mentioning any other since I don't want to spoil anyone.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote