View Single Post
Old 2012-05-19, 04:20   Link #258
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I'd like to point out that he doesn't do it for just kicks and giggles. It's usually to show how people who pursue one path in life, be it their ideals, dreams or joy, to the exclusion of everything else, wind up getting destroyed by their fanaticism. Either because it costs them everything they have, makes them utterly miserable or gets them killed.
Critics who say, "normal people aren't like that." miss the point. He's not writing about normal people. Normal people can back away from one path to add things from other paths and, as a result, achieve a balance in life where they are content if not extremely happy.
I agree with that. Maybe I'm still overly pissed about Sayaka after watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica for about 12 times (I've kept count). It still really pains me.

I understand that the characters Urobochi-sensei is trying to convey when it comes to their goals and logic towards life and people in general, but keep in mind I'm speaking in a concept I've perceived in a way that suit how I'm feeling ie. anger, sadness, while at the same time fascinated.

Whether you understand or not it's up to you. I'm extremely loyal/in love with this series and it's just my opinion and everything, that's all.