View Single Post
Old 2011-08-02, 18:44   Link #13
Eater of All
NOM

A light-hearted episode, but that's fine too. Reminds me those first few episodes when Okabe was just fooling around with his lab members, having fun....

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Yeah but like I said, it's a lot easier to change your own d-mail. And I don't think Okabe knows whether the original timeline was the best (or does he?)...so why not give this a try and see what happens? Like I said, it's always easier for him to send a cancel d-mail to himself. I don't see any harm in giving this one a shot, especially since we know that the ibn5100 was broken by her in one of her cleaning efforts. That's something that could be easily avoided, or he could d-mail himself to go pick up the ibn 5100 a year earlier.
By "changing his own D-Mail", do you mean preventing himself from letting people send D-Mails in the first place? If so, it's already explained (by Reckoner in ep17 thread) that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
...Okabe can't stop anyone from sending D-mails in his time line because the very action of sending the D-Mail never actually happened.

What Okabe and Kurisu are doing is sending a 2nd D-mail to cancel out the other one. Because in their current time line the person in question received the message, but the person who sent the message never actually sent it in that time line. That is why they can cancel it out with another message, but they cannot stop the message being received in the first place.