View Single Post
Old 2011-05-23, 02:46   Link #69
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
While I respect you viewpoints, I have to disagree with you here. I don't necessarily think it was a mistake, let alone a stupid one.

Remember, time is of the essence here. In such a situation, quick actions are often necessary in order to resolve problems in a beneficial way. I like how Hana-Saku Iroha portrays that realistically and sincerely in this episode. When you're struck with a desperate situation, sometimes you have to respond to it with an equally desperate reaction in order to get things to work out. It might work out messily and chaotically, but at least it will (hopefully) work out.
Right, and I'd agree with you ... except there was no need for a desperate reaction.

There were ways, equally efficient, to solve the problem of getting Tooru there and helping Ren without having Ohana going off like that. The problem is that she didn't think about it at all, and no one tried to help her in anyway other than giving her a bike.

The thing is, while this is certainly a desperate situation, it didn't require an equally desperate reaction to be solved. It needed a calm, collected reaction, much like the one she gave a minute previously I might add.

There were a lot of things in this episode that were presented in a realistic and sincere light. Ohana rushing out was not one of them in my very humble opinion.
Quote:
Tohru is a dependable cook, and as others have rightly argued on this thread, Kissuiso needs that much more desperately than it needs an inexperienced waitress. What he can bring in a customer service role takes considerable priority over what Ohana can, imo.
Agreed.
Quote:
Possibly. But in Minchi's case I think her concern for Tohru is very much at play here. I don't think she wants to be bothering him given the circumstances that he's in right now. So that has a bit of a halting effect on her, I think.
He does have that effect on her, but then again, if the misunderstanding about Ohana/Tooru spreads to her as well, then she might start to grow these feelings of resentment (added with her own insecurities)
Quote:
Well, in fairness, she's not always right. Remember the episode all about making sure that Tohru didn't get a new job over at Fukuya? Ohana kind of embarrassed herself pretty badly there, imo.
Actually that was Jiromaru who ended up spreading that tale

And I disagree, Ohana made the right decision in going there imo, as unlike this case the ones who could go and stop Tooru (Minchi and Ren) where pretty reluctant about not going (or aware of the truth ) so she took on herself to confront the issue. In here she reacted pretty impulsively without much thinking.
Quote:
So her bull headed nature is appropriately hit-and-miss, I think. Sometimes it works wonders, while other times it backfires.
Fair enough. We saw first hand in this episode this happen so fair enough.
Quote:
Ohana is actually a bit like a shounen hero this way. It does make her a more intriguing character for me. You don't usually see shounen hero-esque traits like that in a moe female lead.
See this is why I like you.

Ohana showing more and more Shonen-esq qualities means we are in for a good time

Quote:
Do you really need to try to douse my enthusiasm like that?

I really hope that you're wrong here, frankly. I much preferred this episode to most of the previous ones.
Sorry

Well, I'm certain we will have more episodes like this one (just better) upcoming. I'm sure that once the show passes the mid way point, we will be getting the meaty portion of the show.

Hopefully
Quote:
Did they even have the phone number for the place? And even if they did call the place, how long would it take the person who answers the phone to reach Tohru himself?
They might have, she didn't press the issue and everyone was apparently dumbfounded (yet she had time to call Nako previously) And the thing is, even if it took a while to get him, they still needed to try to, as Ohana going to get him means they are another person short. Furthermore, would it have been as long as the trip back and to town as well as the time it takes to search for him?
Quote:
Who was expendable at the time? And also willing to drive?
Jiromaru. The writer is always an expendable. Hell, I'm sure he has it tattooed somewhere on his body.

That or Takako
Quote:
Again, time is of the essence here. Does it really matter that much if she changes her clothes or not?
Yes.

What she's wearing isn't suitable for the city, nor for biking to the train station. This is her work uniform, and its for work.

I suppose this is the least of my problems with her rushing out, but it's really irresponsible to go outside in her work kimono, where it might get damaged, when she should be thinking about how she will then serve the customers.
Quote:
I disagree with you. I really don't think the decision is anywhere near as bad as you're making it out to be.
I honestly am bothered by this is that its not only an illogical course of action to take (when there are other, better options) but also how it's inconsistent with what she had said about serving the customers first and foremost and how she didn't think about how they will end up being a hand short.

What if she arrived there and the wedding was already over? What if she got the place wrong? What if her uniform was damaged, how will she serve the customers? etc.

So many things wrong about it.

Maybe your right, I might be making too big a deal about this, but something about it certainly made me feel that there was a mistake made, and when I got thinking about it, it didn't add up.

It made me view the episode in a different light, where I might have enjoyed it more had there not been such a clumsy attempt to put Ohana in town just when Ko is coming to see her.