View Single Post
Old 2013-07-08, 04:21   Link #555
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Probably because of her blogging habits and the (bad) things that she wrote (not sure if she still does, because i haven't been following her for a few years) about the anime industry and about her life.

Also she was the seiyuu to voice the first Yukiho in Idolmaster

edit as elaboration:
From what heard about my brother who used to be a huge Im@s fan (way before the anime started), her blog posts seemed to suggest that she deliberately sought pity from her fans and that was one of his reasons for not liking her as a person. Also i heard from him that she possibly could have been spreading rumours and bad things about the anime- and seiyuu industry in her blog and that probably lead to her replacment in Imas2 on the xbox360
While it did seem like she moan and whines alot about the industry and her personal life, objectively speaking what she said has quite a high degree of truth to it.
She constantly talks about how poor she is and that she doesn't make enough from seiyuu work for a living (this is in fact true for many seiyuu), she hinted that there's some indecent/sexual transaction going on in the industry and that some female seiyuu sell their body for chances yet she herself refused to participate in such practice (semi-confirmed by the arrest of Arts Vision/I'm Enterprise CEO for sexual misconduct towards a potential seiyuu applicant). The cynic in me says that for her whistle-blowing-like activity she blew her chance in the industry as Japan is a country where companies are constantly looking out for each other (even in times of doing something shoddy) so nobody would like to hire a whistle-blower - which severily limits her chance for exposure. On the other hand the otakus also don't want to listen to these bad things about the industry because, as the attacks of Tanaka Rie has shown, some portion of the fandom can get pretty crazy when it comes to thinking about the purity of their idols. On less cynical side there are some actual business reasons for her replacement - im@s seiyuu are either current or ex-Arts Vision seiyuu, Ochiai Yurika becoming freelance could pose a contractual and financial burden (Bandai Namco might be getting a bundle price for hiring all Arts Vision seiyuu for example, plus there's less paperwork to process). Also her replacement Asakura Asami is just a lot brighter in personality (thus more attractive) than the gloomy Ochiai when it comes to appearing in front of the camera, and when im@s is a franchise which is so heavy in promoting the seiyuu in limelight this is a very important sales point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I wonder why Nakajima Megumi is hated even though I'm betting on it is something petty.
You are right, a couple of petty points comes to mind straight away:
* She's half Filipino - a lot of Japanese otaku websites and by extension otakus themselves are mildy/casually racists (see popular game website such as Hachima and My Game News Flash) either knowingly or unknowlingly, but with 2chers racism goes into extreme overdrive as a lot of the nationalistic right-wingers hang out there. You can constantly find racists remarks against Koreans and Chinese there.
* Her debuting role as Ranka Lee - admittedly she was a bit green back then regarding her acting especially during the first couple of episodes (her singing was good though), but that's enough mole to make mountains out of. Also Ranka is an easy character to hate in light of the popularity and especially for shippers of Sheryl/Alto - which naturally affects the seiyuu too
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote