View Single Post
Old 2011-05-16, 05:02   Link #95
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Whilst I personally (only my opinion) consider Toradora to be one of Okada's weaker involvements (of the slice-of-life orientated genre), it did what it perceived to do well because it essence it was a romantic comedy first with some drama elements splashed in. This anime? After another episode-3 like episode, I really don't know what's going on anymore, which is why I half-jokingly called it the "Angel Beats" syndrome to a friend of mine. If the anime stuck with the mid-ground that was episodes 4 to 6 I would have a fair idea of what was going on. Now, I might as well be expecting an episodic sitcom episode from now on.
Angel Beats was cursed with having to stuff everything it wanted to do in 13 episodes. This show runs at twice that, and we're just at halfway of the run that Angel Beats had, or 1/4 of this show's entire run. I'd say that's much too short to make a convincingly all-encompassing conclusion to the show, and would likely be only premature.

And again I'd like to echo one of our sentiments that life isn't always hell on earth, nor is it always sugar raindrops and sunshine. I favor a life full of it's ups and downs, shifting from the middle of the spectrum and back and forth through its ends, rather than one that's always running through life's gauntlets or life's sunny fields. What I see from this show is a girl experiencing the multitude of things it has to offer, the good things, the bad things, and even the absurd. That's good enough for me.