View Single Post
Old 2008-04-27, 12:57   Link #23952
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Everything.

Vivio is captured again, this time brought back to the original clone production facility for ..intensive examinations. The Prize does treasure the merits of a successful Artificial Mage and clone of the Saint King, in line of continuing the progress down that road.

Btw, the name came from this guy. You'll see why I picked his name for a good reason.
Ah, I see the ingenuity here, and why they seem so elated at having Vivio back in their facility. Intensive examination, though, does not involve the mass production of an army of Vivios ... does it?

And Shou Tucker or otherwise, it's still DIE, SHOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
*looks to PF and Keroko for advice*
Mm, given certain adjustments here and there in the genetic materials, it's possible to slow down aging, but nothing to the extent suggested by Comartemis (200+ years). And by conserving certain information, it's also possible to create Vivians throughout the timeline.

It's rather impossible, though, given the technology level at that time. This technology also exploits biological limits to their extremes, something which I don't think anyone would want to tamper for their King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
Kha has a self-deluded habit of kneeling in front of a little corner in the Lourve...

The idea of such an intergalactic journey is win. We need more Khophia fluff!

Depending on what the secret is, we may then have to ask ourselves this question...

Turns suddenly to Saber and sneers in her face.

...who exactly are you, Sankt Kaiser.
Quick! History is about to be written, and justice to be done! The Sankt Kaiser's identity will finally be lifted from the mists of mysteries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
~How deep can you dig?~
~How much effort can you give?~
~How much passion can you show?~
~For the one and only OC Thread?~

About 80 pages...

BACKLOG... BREAKER.

You've set a standard of backlog busting no one's ever done (apart from those who did a tremendous backlog buster of 400+ pages before)!

*gives Aaron Almaria, Hayate, and Hayaurion plushies (:3)*

I will also attempt a stupendous backlog buster ... after this week ends.

Quote:

YOU TOLD THEM!!!

=3
Yep, I did.

Quote:
Hmm. Good to see templar development.
They should have done more of the same for the Numbers in StrikerS!
The dream was rather spectacularly surprising in the end... The visage would have been indeed...
More developments (and shocking truths!) revealed later. Examination is a jealous time-hogger now.

Quote:
VIVIO IS WIN!!!

She grew up into quite a feisty yet VERY precocious little rascal!
Her relationship with Leraphiel-neechan is a surprise though.

Nanoha better watch out for more of her daughters antics.

And of course...
'Dense as a rock and straight as a log' was WIN!!!

Kudos to Yuuno for being VERY perceptive.

I'm glad you like it, because I didn't expected her to grow up like this myself. I took a few spoonfuls of ideas learned from classes and observations of current children behaviors to come up with this Vivio.

Leraphiel nee-chan will also be a surprise later.

Quote:
Pompous leader is pompous.
This feels like some of the big bad bosses I've seen in other series. But I'll be damned if I say that it does not fit here. It sure hell does!!!

Lazarus seems to get shot down as well. But usually in these cases, the leaders like being praised AND shooting 'em down.
Lazarus is pompous towards other Magi, but cannot do so against the BIG boss.

Quote:

TEH DETAILS ARE OVERWHELMING!!!@_________@

In a good way.

EPIC info chapter with a brain-busting amount of detail to really bust some brains! And looking forward to the revelation of details from Chrono.:3

Good work!
I busted my brains a few times writing that.

Revelation from Chrono imminent! ... In Chapter 11.

Small note on the Pentateuch Archive, in any case (kind of forgotten to explain this):

Spoiler for Pentateuch Archive:

Nothing much about the storyline except to tell how important the content is.

Quote:
I sure tend to get this "As expected from OC's top Hayate fan" comments, huh?

Anyway, thanks a lot!
Well, you are the top Hayate fan.

Quote:
Waving around is for swiping lots of troublesome large enmies out of the way. But for what speed is available (slow) Balmung is for dropping a big slab of hurt.:3
Anti-army more than anti-personnel, then?

*scribblesscribble* Might be useful later in my fic as well.

Quote:
Aurion's my OC, so naturally, I can give him as much details as I want.=3
And Hayate's crush on Chrono was very well probable.:3 I wanted to add dimensions to the Nanoha series that 7arcs forsaken, after all...>.>
True, true.

Quote:
Lyriel is still under development.:3 And as for Grandis...

*chants 'I WILL make GrandisXHayate work!!!' several times*

I wonder if it'll ever remove the deep-seated image of Hayaurion, in any case. But, we can all but try, ne?

Quote:

ZOMG YOU BLEW UP ESCUTCHEON!!!!!

KISAMA!!!!!

(=3)
It's a necessary evil ...

Quote:
Ah~...

I've never felt this alive for quite a while! I just love this place!

And of course, "Longest Backlog Breaker in History, GETTO~!!!"
Harumph! I'll see if I can manage it!

(Probably not, I've already busted some along the way ._.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Mmm... alright, but do you have suggestions on how to fix this without disposing of the entire first third of the timeline or making Vivian less pseudodivine?
The timeline is going to be a major headache on your part.

You'd notice that, in the period between Weil Clearwater's psychic calling and Vivian's death, there is a gap of 1782 years where the bloodline is no longer of the original Sankt Kaiser, be it Vivian's or Horus's. Even if we were to assume that the selected bloodline is still powerful enough an influence, that bloodline is no longer the true one, and as such cannot have an effect on Cradle activation during the Jail Scaglietti Incident later.

This argument has been around, but a thousand years would have caused serious degradation of Vivian's (or Horus's) genetic structure that even any left intact would be truly a wonder. A clone of Vivio from this historical makeup is therefore not possible in the future, if the blood isolated from the Holy Shroud had undergone a total of 1848 years of decomposition.

You can either fix it by introducing more royal children of Vivian (whoever the consort is, you never mentioned, and no virgin birth, thank you) that somehow one eventually managed to sit at the throne 300 years before the empire collapsed, or make it so that Khaine or Xelloss were nonexistent for the chaos and eventual extinction of bloodline.

On the question of divinity, make her normal. "Actually it’s just her linker core pumping out so much energy that it’s saturating her body and slowing her cellular decay and thus her body’s aging processes" is erroneous at best, since a body that is energy saturated will have a more rapid aging process.