View Single Post
Old 2011-11-07, 05:51   Link #25
DemonOfWrath

Would have gone with Tiger & Bunny if it was yesterday, for the obvious 'expecting some mediocre action, yet getting something dark, deep and really good', but the winner of this for this year has to be Blood-C for me.

I watched it after marathoning Blood: The Last Vampire and Blood+, both of which I found to be rather crap in all honesty, so I really wasn't expecting much from Blood-C. A bit of character development, maybe some action scenes that hopefully wouldn't be as utterly awful as the ones in Blood+, especially since it was only 12 episodes. Really had low expectations for it.

Yet I wound up liking the plot and characters of it quite a bit, but what sealed the deal was the animation and choreography of the action scenes. They completely blew me away, I'm normally extremely hesitant to watch action animes (compared to mangas) since I usually get really jarred by how they're handled, yet Blood-C handled them perfectly (it basically felt like it was tailor made for my preferences) and I couldn't find any faults in how they were handled, every single time, and I'm normally really critical of this kind of stuff, even with stuff I love. So it claims it for me for, if nothing else, having the best done action scenes of anything I've ever seen.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote