View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 16:30   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
Hmm even with lots of action this episode feels weak.

1. Seric, yeah what a cool way to die but my problem is kio didn't even notice that his cool commander died. tsk. Then his moment with Deen, probably the gayest moment in Age that I had seen.But It's emotional when Natora decided to fire the cannon and Flit's reaction also. No matter what madman Flit is, when it comes to his comrades he will always show (not really show actually) his emotions(?). The scene when Flit saluted in honor of seric , for me was the best part of this episode. And also the last line of seric " I guest I'll take a long vacation" was cool. IMO it even topped Woolf's last line. What a level headed way to die.
2. Age-Fx with the blue trans-am, giga drill maker or simply called FX-Burst was cool but I really didn't feel its power. The way it was shown was simply not epic. It's just that Kio just screamed a lot and didn't even show what I can call REAL skills/or x-rounder powers. It's just lacking. Which brings me to:
3. Kio has the lamest snap. Compared to Flit and Asemu, it's not really emotional. And his "snap" seems to highlight his machine than his actual piloting or x-rounder skills. Compared again to Flit and Asemu where they actually just used their machine to it's fullest potential but didn't actually used new abilities of their suits. Remember that Double bullet and Spallow debut showed the machines actual abilities. With Flit and Asemu's snap, they actually showed more emotion as well as x-rounder and piloting skills respectively and their reason for kicking ass and being enraged is more felt unlike kio. With the both of them I was like " yeah kill that bastard! Show him what you can do!" But with Kio it was, " meh, the age-fx looks cool with blue trans-am, nothing more" Kio really has the weakest snap. If i'll rank it, it would be Asemu, Flit then Kio respectively for the best rampage. I don't even want to include kio but I can't think of any other pilots who rampaged in the show. EDIT: I think Decil actually helped make the rampage of Flit and Asemu cool. Decils reaction on why he was losing was priceless. Too bad we didn't see what are his actions after losing to Asemu since he was blown to pieces

Overall I feel that this episode is weak. I just my opinion anyway.

However, I'm really looking forward for the next episode! Asemu vs Zeheart FINAL ROUND OH YEAH!
Yeah, maybe Asemu should have just let Decil live so he could be the villain in this generation too. Everyone loves to hate that guy .

Have to agree that Kio snapping really didn't have much impact. Maybe it's also because both guys carried on well after they snapped on Decil. Flit went and ended the entire battle and Asemu at point overwhelming Zeheart in their fight.

Really do wish Flit would just kick Kio out of that unit and take it himself. At least it would actually be doing something out there...

I feel bad for Seric. He took death well, but the series of events that landed him in that situation was pretty pathetic. It's like they had to kill him somehow and this wasn't the worst idea they could come up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
RIP Seric. Your sacrifice will be remembered.

Captain Natora: You have my sympathy and respect.

Kio: Yeah he scared himself there. And I don't blame him. He needs to run off and smash that fortress ASAP though. That should be the fastest way to end the battle while minimizing casualties on both sides.

I disagree about how Kio sucks at protecting his allies though. I haven't seen him be directly or indirectly responsible for an ally's death. I mean, he wasn't even anywhere near Seric (on Seric's own orders, I might add).
If you want to go with indirectly responsible then go ahead and use Seric's death. If Seric believed Kio was capable of handling the situation he could have left it to him. But since Kio can only handle disabling grunts he had to send him off and take care of the situation himself. Kio can talk it up all he wants but the only person he saved in this entire episode was Zanald!