View Single Post
Old 2013-10-14, 14:39   Link #181
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I have mixed feelings about this show.

On one hand, it had some really funny moments, usually when it involved smashing down the fourth wall, though the epic shiritori game was also a blast to watch. But on other moments, the jokes kinda fell flat and some of the wordplay was impossible to understand without understanding at least a bit of Japanese (as CR couldn't always get the message across what they were referring to). I did like how they crammed in so many jokes in the last episode, and most were quite good (like the SC president being surprised she'd get another appearance, one of its members being drawn with no face, because "the animators got complacent", and Sakura fast-forwarding through her drawing herself), so at least it ended on a high note.

The voices didn't really stand out for me, though. Sakura and Natsuki were the only ones I liked, and even Natsuki's seems to have changed a bit during the course of the show, as I noticed it was a lot higher in the first episode, then got toned down later on (which I thought was a much better fit).

I'll have to rewatch this show to properly rate it, but for now, a 7/10 will suffice.