Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-12, 21:50   Link #1154
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
And the mission just became impossible. Honestly, even if Toki survives, would Ryuuka let her get close to Teru again? Toki would not make it a second time around, that is for sure.

By the way, in case someone here doesn't know, it seems
Spoiler for Their bodies are not ready (especially Toki's):
At a one chapter per episode pacing, given that the match in the manga is continuing on into ch. 12 as well, I thought this was a given.

The rest of this match is gonna be tight. I think the key to Achiga's chance at second place is clear now: whereas in the Quarterfinals, the gap between Senriyama and Achiga was something like 90,000, and the vast majority of it came from the difference in performance between Toki and Kuro (Kuro going about -40000, and Toki going about +40000), here in the Semifinals since Teru has been spreading her domination out pretty evenly the gap between Senriyama and Achiga will likely be less than ~15000. Even though it was established through the rest of the matches that Senriyama's other players are still overall probably stronger than Achiga, ~15000 is a much more manageable gap than 80000. Now, provided that Yuu and Ako don't perform too badly compared to their previous runs against Senriyama--the match is gonna come down to the Vice-Captain and Captain matches with Shizuno and Arata.

Arata still hasn't shown her ability yet, so I think we can expect a good performance from her. This will probably be the key to setting the stage. Finally, the climax will come down to Shizuno, but with Shiraitodai likely being 100000+ points ahead and everyone else about even, it'll probably be possible for her to pull out some last minute miracle and come from behind for some second place victory.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote