Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 11:54   Link #2877
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
@Endless: Thanks for the insights. On the KV-1S though (and for many other fast tanks), it's not like you're required to go full speed towards the front-line. You could just stop and wait for your team to catch up before you leapfrog to the front line, so you'll always have someone covering for you.
I play a lot of pub games, so of course most of the time that doesn't actually happen. "He stopped up there? I'll stop... back here. Behind him."

What I'm trying to beat into myself with the VK2801 (and the PzIII, which I have re-crewed) is that if I'm forward scouting, I should try to turn around after initial contact, retreat behind friendlies, and wait until later to exploit any gaps. You would think I'd learn from watching T-50s get blown up going for the enemy SPGs, but habits are... bad.

That rather contrasts with the passive scouting I do in the 38nA and T-15, which have the base camo value and crew skills required to run forward and stay hidden. It also helps that they have terrible guns and I don't like to engage with them anyway.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote