View Single Post
Old 2008-03-04, 16:42   Link #221
Lukannon

I find myself agreeing with those who say that Haruki isn't unique enough if we simply paste Haruhi's original personality onto a male character. That's what made Haruhi such an engaging character originally, to have such an unorthodox personality for a heroine. I'm not saying that abandoning the original character is also good, but I keep feeling like this is becoming just a big pile of moe revolving around Kyonko, and I'm not really sure that I like it.

Don't get me wrong, I fap to love Kyonko and Itsuko, and I think it'd still be interesting if Haruhi, Yuki, and Mikuru were males(well, apply that to ANYONE, really, slut!Taniguchi makes me happy), but when I think of the original, I can't help but think 'how disappointing...this is as far as it can go?'

The way I see it, as it is, it's essentially Ouran with aliens. Obviously, there are major differences in character, but you get what I mean, right?

Well, regardless, I do like the idea, I'm just a little sad that as of now, it's not better than it is.

I'll probably write my own version for kicks, compare it to yours later and see what differences there are.
Lukannon is offline   Reply With Quote