View Single Post
Old 2010-02-04, 10:24   Link #1982
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
IMHO Medaka Box "plot" is created by survey among readers what they want to read. Readers were complaining that there is not enough action - MB turned into battle manga. Readers were complaining that Zenkichi is just a lapdog - Zen started to be a badass. Readers were complaining that abnormals are too powerful and other characters are useless - abnormals weakness were shown, and some characters started to level up (Shiranui, Zenkichi). Readers were complaining that Medaka doesn't care/love Zenkichi - she suddenly fallen in love with him.

I've just read last 3 chapters. I was surprised how author could do what I wanted to read in a way which makes me irritated even more. I wanted to see Zen doing something and I wanted to see some development between Medaka and Zenkichi. Zen is main character in last 3 chapters, he is acting GAR. But it happened because he is turning into abnormal (making sonic boom by stepping or surviving multiple stabs is abnormal). I suppose most of shounen readers are delighted, but I started reading this manga because it was story about normal guy and special girl, not a story about two freaks.
Since beginning author was showing that Medaka doesn't love Zen, or that she "loves" everyone equally. I expected her to fall in love with Zen with time, but current development is, again, to sudden. I'm not complaining that she started to notice her feeling for him, but the way how it was shown. It was like a switch was turned on. Again, I expect shounen readers to be delighted. For me it looks stupid - which just proves that I'm the wrong reader
What I liked about last chapters is information that Medaka brother is responsible for flask plan. It explains a lot of things - for example why Medaka and Zenkichi are in this school or who is financially backing that experiment.
I understand you wanted something different, but... could you please stop using that?

Not the readers nor other external factors had any influence in the plot. Anyone could see from a mile that Zen was going to fight sooner or later, and yes, he always has been main character, no matter if someone tried to deny that. This manga was intended from the very beggining to be action/comedy packed, accept that already. In case you not, well, I can't prove my statement 100%, but same goes for yours In any case, the first chapter had Medaka running towards that gang and snatching their cigarette packs in seconds. By the time they noticed, Medaka already had her hands full of packs. If that's normal for you...

Btw, could you tell me when has Medaka fallen in love with Zen, please?

Now onto reading the new chapter.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-02-04 at 10:47.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote