View Single Post
Old 2011-07-18, 17:26   Link #23273
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
He said the same thing about the anime and it's goddamn trash. As much as I consider Ryukishi a friend I have to recognize his supervision over his own projects isn't worth much.
Well that is your opinion. I recently rewatched it and I think it basically contains everything one needs to know from the first 4 Episodes to form a reasonable hypothesis...except for maybe the crime scene inspection by Battler at the end of EP4.

Quote:
I do think it's a red herring, considering it's the entirety of the Fantasy Plot, which exists to mislead. Eva-culprit is the answer being FED to us, therefore it cannot be the correct one.
Well, Eva-culprit is wrong in the grand scheme of things, but I think it is still highly possible that she can be the culprit of 4 to 5 murders in EP3 without violating that fact that she neither planned it nor is the core of the solution. She is just as much a tool as Rosa in EP2 or as much a lunatic as Kyrie in EP7.
Like it is said about Kyrie's speech concerning the probability of Eva becoming a murderer by the narrator during EP7:
Spoiler for citation:
Ushiromiya Eva IS a wrong deduction done by Tôya in the future based on the fact that Ushiromiya Eva survived after all.
Quote:
I'm speaking in the context of EP3 only. What happens after Eva returns from Rokkenjima is irrelevant to my point, because Yasu has no perception of those events.
That point would be okay if we were speaking about a message bottle, but EP3 is not a message bottle written by Yasu but a novel released in the world after 1986. It HAS the knowledge of Ushiromiya Eva surviving and thus bases the whole argumentative structure on the fact that by inductive reasoning Eva has to be the culprit because she survived and others did not.

Quote:
Uh...no, you don't? It's perfectly consistent with itself so long as Yasu exists. If Yasu doesn't exist, of course the story falls apart because you're REMOVING A CENTRAL PART OF THE NARRATIVE. It'd be like a Rokkenjima without Beatrice of any form, or a Rokkenjima without Battler. It's not a Logic Error, wherein you have two existing facts that contradict each other. It's taking out a central piece of the machine and wondering why it ain't working no more.
But it leads to the logic error, and please follow me there without getting angry (as it's hard to reason with people who appear that angry), that everybody is dead or has an alibi and still Ushiromiya Eva did not murder Nanjô. And even though she didn't murder Nanjô she had a reason to shoot Battler in the end. This is a logic error in the context of EP3 as the author is not fully aware of the existence of Yasu. Thus he writes himself into a corner.

Quote:
Uh, no i'm not, I'm applying inductive reasoning. If Eva is not in the room with Rudolf and Kyrie (and we know for a fact that she isn't), then Hideyoshi's speech makes no sense. If Eva is not the culprit, and it is very, very heavily implied that she isn't, then Hideoyshi's speech makes no sense. If Hideyoshi's speech makes no sense, he has no reason to be making it, and thus he won't be unless he's possessed by magic.
But this relies on the fact that you believe that Ushiromiya Eva is not in the mansion with them at that point and did not shoot Kyrie and Rudolph. What makes you believe that this is correct? Of course it can be correct, but there is no definite proof that Eva was not in the mansion at that point.
Maybe I am missing something, but where does it say that it is a fact that Eva was not in the mansion?

Quote:
Maria is special. I shouldn't have to explain this. I believe Ryukishi has gone on record as saying that Maria is "a sacred, integral part of Beatrice's existence that she shall absolutely not defile." That's why she never kills Maria (except for the bomb) unless shit goes REALLY WRONG, in which case she is given the most peaceful, painless, dignified death possible.
Okay, that is probably true but it still doesn't answer every question. If Yasu was still in charge of the murders, why did Beatrice say that she was unable to take Maria to the golden land now? Why didn't Maria play along like she did during EP4? Yes, maybe watching her mother die had a different impact on her than just hearing about it, but something about that instance seems off if you just blame Beatrice during that scene...
In case you want to dismiss Eva as the culprit, at least think about Rudolph killing them.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote