Thread: Licensed Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-15, 03:45   Link #96
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As for the gender-reversal trend (Kashimashi, this, Ouran, even Simoun, in a way), I think it must mean something. In any case, I wrote about it a few months ago in my blog: Do boys just want to be girls?
Quoting from what I know about Freud, bastard that he is, is that the reverse of what you're saying is true: girls want to be boys because they do not have the phallus, and that's the reason they want men similar to their fathers, etc. I don't know anything more, but I think that's a bunch of crock - I, however, disagree with your reasoning (but it isn't a bunch of crock). It's something simpler, really: men get turned on by girls making out.

Oftentimes the anime that you're talking about places the hero in crude situations that excite the imagination of the male viewer: if I were to dress as a girl (given that I'd be able to pull it off), I wouldn't be hesitant to go to an all-girls school, flirt with the girls there, and have one HECK of a time. Boys don't want to be girls, IMO. Boys are just (anatomically speaking) highly visual creatures who are excited with weird situations involving girls making out. They'd even be more excited when someone of their kind (of our kind) manages to be in a place most of us would deem heaven.

I'd very much like to see a girl who's as hot as Haruhi make out or IMAGINE to make out and have something happen between hot guys as well. I don't know, I just don't think it's as seminal and as below the surface as that - men just are carnal creatures, and this (the anime) would satisfy imagined desires.

Bleh. I'm sorry for spouting nonsense. I hope you understood part of what I'm talking about.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote