View Single Post
Old 2009-04-26, 10:46   Link #51
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Come now, Edelweiss is a land platform that we are talking about, in an era I assume to be before the advent of autoloaders. Again, even modern battle-tank autoloaders cannot reload shells and fire at 0.5 seconds, that was the discussion. I don't know where the hell naval guns came to play, it was unexpected and unneeded.
Well, the way you were going on, it was like you were saying that 0.5 seconds was impossible even with an autoloader. Thus the mentions of rapidfire naval guns.

Quote:
Again, we are talking about tank weapons, not naval or gee, AA weapons. We were specifically talking about tanks, I don't see why naval guns, with their advantage in space, is comparable to the likes of a cramped land platform.

The Bofors 40mm on the other hand, is a AA gun. If it doesn't fire fast, then well

- Tak
I'm not sure how many times I have to beat you over the head with the fact that my point was that in that cramped, small IFV turret, they can fit an autoloader and ammo capacity and do 4-round burst. Sooner or later someone is going to have the bright idea of upscaling it further.

Also, the Bofors 40mm is an AA gun by its rate of fire and ammo. Swap the appropriate ammo in and it's configured for land combat. (I dare you to tell me that any of the ammo types shown in that demo vid are AA rounds.)

I believe in miracles.