View Single Post
Old 2008-03-11, 15:26   Link #1439
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NejinOniwa View Post
Well, that's essentially what I had done in my script, too...
However; While the ponytail thing is PAINFUL, the carrying thing is bloody damn well humiliating. I mean, how do you think you'd be seen if someone did that to you all the time and you just went with it?
You'd look like a sub in an S&M relationship?

That pretty much is the impression everyone probably has of Kyon and Haruhi in the original source.

Besides, carrying is much more efficient for carrying someone assuming you have the strength. (It's also amusing and cute).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post
That's pretty much what I meant. I don't really know how to defend my opinion, but for some reason I find getting used to being carried around somewhat funny.

Also, I'm aware that getting lifted up is embarrassing. I'm rather short, and my friends constantly lift me up when I can't see something, despite the fact that they know it bothers me (it is indeed very humiliating). However, if I had to decide, I'd still rather be carried around than pulled around from my hair. Mainly because I have a high dislike for pain (which the first method would of course cause), and being carried means that the carrier will have to put some effort in to it too (since carrying a human around is probably pretty exhausting, I don't have any experience on the matter though ).
This is Haruki were talking about. Haruhi had absolutely no problem with tossing Kyon around like a ragdoll despite the size disparity. Kyonko's weight will have absolutely no effect on Haruki's endurance.

And yeah, I'm more in favor of Haruki just picking Kyonko for long distance expiated transportation. The image is more appealing. When he wants to be restrained he can just grab her wrist.

Though I do think we can incorporate pony tail tugs when he wants to get her attention.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote