View Single Post
Old 2010-04-19, 04:59   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finally. Epic episode was epic. Awesome animation in the last part, and both Mustang and Envy's seiyuu did a fantastic job indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
The Envy reveal was even more awesome than in the manga. I remember that I'd always thought Roy would find out the truth through someone else, never did I expect that the very killer would outright say and show how he did the deed AND boast and laugh in the face of the very people who'd want to avenge Hughes the most. quigonkenny is spot on when he says this portion of the manga is just one CMoA after another, and this was definitely Envy's Crowning Moment of Awesome Evil.
Very evil indeed, but I think "idiocy" also works. He did pretty much everything he should have never done if he wanted to live a bit more in this ep
  • First denying his involvement in Hugues's death, and then mocking Mustang for killing Maria. Which probably only pissed Mustang even more, and also made Envy look pretty pathetic since she's alive and pimpin'. Mustang didn't even bother to correct him.
  • Admitting he was Hugues's muderer so defiantly. Bad idea, very bad idea.
  • Trying to fight head on with Mustang... he only remembered Lust's fate after getting charred a few times. Transforming against Mustang was dumb, though in the end it doesn't change much since Mustang can do pinpoint attacks
  • Taking on Hugues' form... he really wants to die, doesn't he?

I can't think of any other way he could have pissed off Mustang more. As you said, it made the flamerape even more sastifying. So glad they did this part of the manga justice, I expect a lot from the next episode too. Good job, BONES !