View Single Post
Old 2012-10-24, 02:26   Link #1208
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Two details I think nobody has mention.

1. The lesbian doctor is a latent criminal, thus proving that if your hue gets permanently too blurry you are shafted into working for the state (since not working at all is clearly bad for your mental health and any private institution would not accept latent criminals as employees). Liked how Akane wasn't intimidated by the blonde, she is no pushover.

2. The enforcer hit the suspect first and then read his hue, from what we know from such a surprising and brutal attack his hue should have rocketed sky high and there is a chance that he wasn't the perp they were looking for.
Plus, on this week episode of "Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo ep.3" the MC was also stalking a couple (my fansub said "tailing" but they clearly said the word "stalker") just the same as the guy in this week episode and it was something pretty inoffensive, I think there is a chance the enforcer was just looking for the right target to punch and the original perp calmed down when the enforcer arrested the stalker since he thought his criminal thoughts might get him some time in a mental institution.
You're twisting facts to fit what you want to see.

#1. Jumping to conclusions. For a start, we aren't even 100 per cent certain the doctor is lesbian. Viewers immediately came to the conclusion based on purely circumstantial evidence. Doing so is not unlike a late friend of mine who kept insisting that I'm gay because her "gaydar" says so. (No, I'm not. Couldn't be more straight. I've got no romantic attraction whatsoever to men.)

That aside, even if she is lesbian, I fail to see how that "proves" she got shafted into working for the state (and why is that necessarily a bad thing? Maybe the civil service is crap where you come from, but that's not the case in my part of the world). We don't know if she was flagged a latent criminal because of some other psychological condition. There is an implication that homosexuality may be considered a disease in this alternative reality, but we simply don't enough to say this is definitely the case. It'll be pretty ballsy for the series to explore this angle, but I highly doubt that is the intention.

#2. I echo Dengar. In addition, the man reacted first. He tried to push the enforcer aside and run away, forcing the enforcer to apprehend him forcibly.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote