View Single Post
Old 2007-04-28, 19:40   Link #1689
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
I'm with you, Risaa. It's not that I didn't consider how the food conversation could be perverted. Just when the idea occurred to me, I instantly rejected it as obscene and unnecessary. I'm enjoying L*S just fine without having to turn everything into a sex joke. And I doubt that that is what the writers really intend it to be.

Not that they aren't making some off-color jokes. Konata playing eroga and teasing Miyuki about her moeness. It's not exploitative, though.

And I know better than to describe the way I used to eat ice cream cones. Certain people here would get totally the wrong idea. It was a trick to get around not being able to eat all the ice cream before it melted. Nowadays, of course, I just eat normally since melting isn't a problem. But back then it was a cute and clever thing I and my brother and sister all did. And they've taught the trick to their children. That someone would be able to make a crude innuendo out of it doesn't escape me, and he may think himself clever for doing so. I just think it's tasteless and unimpressive.
Then for Gods' sake, don't ever read or watch Shakespeare. Or Chaucer (especially the Miller's Tale). Or Milton. Or...well, don't read anything.
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote