View Single Post
Old 2011-12-15, 23:10   Link #127
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
What I continue to find funny is how seemingly the entire internet could do nothing but completely shit all over everything that Gundam 00 tried to do back while it was airing, but now that AGE is out it's regarded as some sort of cinematic and storytelling masterpiece and an instant classic, which I completely called would happen for the record. Of course some people still just hate hate hate them some Gundam 00 A Wakening of The Trailblazer cause it's in recent memory. Funny how this all seems to work.

I have no doubt the same thing will happen with AGE once it is over and the next series is airing and people will just completely forget about ever completely shitting on it because from what I've seen it doesn't even appear to be a completely conscious action. It's just sort of what happens to whatever Gundam show happens to be airing at the moment and people just go through the motions so yeah...why do people think I like to poke constant fun at the constant criticism of Gundam on the internet at this point? It's actually kind of hilarious this time around compared to 00 because it's basically turned into a game where I try to call what's going to happen with what plot point and character development each week in terms of what angle people are going to use to bash on it and yet even with an ever increasing success rate due to experience I still get surprised with a weird one every now and then.

For example couldn't have called the Emily hate to save my life. Any other time it would probably just be taken for what it is, a character with a stubborn streak that's a little clingy, but ultimately just wants to look out for her friends safety and had chosen a counterproductive and immature way of doing it since she's a child with no experience in these sorts of things. Apply Gundam's ragey as hell fanbase though and it gets twisted so that she's apparently some bitch from hell that needs to fuck off and die for having a personality flaw *gasp*.

In any case we'll be doing it again with the next generation shortly if there's any indication so round of applause for all the players involved as we close this out in the coming month. You've all played your roles quite admirably.
Wouldn't surprise me that it got hated on but I absolutely loved Gundam 00, and really enjoyed the movie and was one of those voicing my highly positive opinion of it. I do totally agree that generally speaking any new Gundam will get shitted on by a lot of people and loved by a lot of people but I also think the complaints this time are kind of different.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-12-15 at 23:26.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote