View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 17:12   Link #625
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
First of all, it was established in the first episode that the mechs should fly as low as possible to the ground, to avoid Laser Class, but they only decide to do so after several of them get blown up. Even if the Lasers "widened their arc" or whatever, you'd think they would anticipate something like that, and fly as low as possible from the get-go.
they can't anticipate the change of the arc until at least a few lasers are fired, in which case it's not anticipating but reacting.

Quote:
Next, the Instructor goes all hero and crap, "holding them off" when they apparently lacked any form of long-range BETA in the group. It seemed completely unnecessary for him to stay behind (standing completely still no less) and get chopped to pieces. Why not, um... Fly away? You know, with jets and stuff?
someone had to distract the betas to give the other people a chance to run away, running along the girls was nto an option as all of them would have gotten killed instead of just one person.

Quote:
Next comes the derpy idiots who decided it was a fine idea to have a stare-down contest with a stampede of Destroyer Class BETA. Sure, some of them jumped away, but only after they WERE RIGHT ON THEM. Why not fly, hm? Or at least, fly away when they got too close. Instead they decide to basically stand there and let them crush them, for some odd reason.
they can't fly because lasers.

Quote:
Overall this episode was filled with bad decisions, and I feel like they extended the "Too Dumb to Live" trope to just about everyone. I still like the premise and the series, nevertheless.
I used to frequen gantz forums, where a lot fo people would critique the combatants tactics, that was fun and this brings bakc memories.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote