View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 19:33   Link #633
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
It's a series with alien bugs, mecha, and skin-tight pilot suits, and you're worried about suspension of disbelief?

Tempester has a valid point. Why not use resources that's available to you when it seems like the situation requires it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Besides all of the stationary turrets and PEW PEW, there was another part of episode 2 which challenged my suspension of disbelief.

So Yui is surrounded by a lot of Soldier-class and Tank-class BETA, both types of which can easily detect the presence of humans, but they take several minutes before they start attacking her. Hell, it's almost like they don't notice her until the other girl is chewed up. These are freaking anti-infantry and anti-personnel BETA, they aren't zombies.

Also, why didn't Yui or glasses girl use their armored exoskeletons after evacuating their TSFs? Those things are useful, and I was hoping to see them finally get put to use, but the writers wasted that opportunity.

Images
exoskeleton explanation
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Do you remember the greatest weakness of the exoskeleton?

"Moving through spaces smaller than one meter, such as trenches, for long periods of time. Even worse are when stealth advances are required"

Well if that is not enough, here's a horribly thought out convenient excuse, let's consider that Izumi may have been out cold when she was dragged out of her cockpit, thus not having the chance to use the exoskeleton in time. For Yui... this one is hard... Technical difficulties perhaps or just forgot that simple fact or did not pay attention much into her lectures.

As for the BETA, I don't understand either why the soldier class ignored her and just focused on eating their long desired meal for the day. The tank class? Dunno, maybe they wanted to finish the appetizer before going for the main dish? Poorly thought out scene to be honest when you consider the traits of those BETA strains.

I'm not sure if Kouki is to blame since he doesn't dictate what to do in the anime. Ishigaki is the one who makes the final call. haha. It'd be funny if he forgot about those things.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-07-09 at 19:49.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote