View Single Post
Old 2012-11-09, 17:19   Link #1346
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Moving slower does seem to be a bigger issue than loot that's only good if you're seriously working towards endgame. They're going to end up scaring away a ton of new f2p players that will become frustrated over how large the second planet alone is and how ridiculously long it will take to go anywhere at just regular speed. Those with the fastest speeders still consider it an issue.

I can also see pvpers getting frustrated that f2pers are losing them matches because they can't sprint.
Quite true, but going F2P is probably the only move Bioware can make to keep SWTOR alive. They've been losing subscribers since it came out..literally (of course I was one of those that was madly addicted hehe). It doesn't hurt Bioware to make the game F2P; if anything, it actually can help it. Some players, maybe most will get frustrated with all the limited access and end up leaving; however, there's gonna be that other portion of players that will end up subscribing to get full access or that they actually like the game and will become full time subscribers.

At least everyone can do the story part of SWTOR entirely free.

In regards to the sprint deal, you do have to make a purchase, but from the looks of the coin symbol I think you just have to make ANY purchase from the cartel coin shop to unlock sprint. All players, new, returning, and current players will get cartel coins to start off.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote