View Single Post
Old 2013-02-07, 12:42   Link #31857
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
Well, I think at least in the VN, when you see the gold, it looks like a giant wall, and might be imagined taking up an entire side. So I guess that's where they were coming from thinking they made it too small.
I can't speak for the PS3 version, but the PC version has only three images:

gold1, which is the single bar lying on a cloth on a table from the scene where Krauss shows Natsuhi in Legend

gold2, which is a side-angle shot of an indeterminate stack of gold bars. It's a close-up shot, so it's difficult to call it a "giant wall." It could very well be a small stack that's just being shot close-up.

gold3, which is a top-down shot. There are a dozen or so bars visible, but they stretch beyond the bounds of the image, so it's impossible to tell how many there actually are.

I may have 2 and 3 mixed up, but that's the extent of it. If the gold were on a pedestal or palette or table or something roughly 1m high, and the volume of gold as roger described were about 1m tall, the whole pile would be just above the head height of a particularly tall person (such as Kinzo or Battler). Essentially you're looking at 2m tops, or about 6-8 feet in height. That's enough to inspire awe, but it's also just small enough to actually contain a 10 tons worth, and the table/stand/pedestal would create the illusion that the gold pile is far larger than it is.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote