View Single Post
Old 2013-04-29, 13:10   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

Isumi and Sakuya are two of my favorites among the side characters. Sakuya's aspiring comedian nature and Isumi's naturally comedic nature (and deadpan style) make them a perfect fit for each other. Their roles kinda decreased as the seasons went on, but if it's only for this week, I'm glad to have them in the spotlight once again. Isumi's half of the episode was wonderful - though Fumi once again stole the show. Kana Asumi at her Nyarko-est, bouncing off Isumi and her mother's weird logic. This is the kind of stuff I love.

Sakuya's half was a little more heartfelt and subdued (and hey, a reference to OOO. It was a Rider reference in Hayate that got me watching it in the first place.), but still funny. I never understood all that much about Chiharu - she was one of those characters who came out of nowhere - but now that she has some context behind her (I'm an anime only watcher here, always have been), I like her a little more. And Nagi's manga continues to be weird. I'm enjoying this season pretty well. It's the closest to the first season I've seen yet, and coming from me, that's a compliment.

I don't know how much I'll have to talk about next week. I'm sure it'll still be entertaining, but not one of my favorite characters.