View Single Post
Old 2014-06-19, 20:04   Link #70
Hiking_Bear

I'm not completely understanding Kaguya's relation to the 10-tails. Is it that Kaguya + Tree of Life = rampaging 10-tails (Shinju)? If so, then Kaguya would basically be the avatar of the 10-tails, and many had speculated earlier in the series that the 10-tails would be the 'final boss' so to speak. Continuing with these assumptions, it would appear that Hagoromo and his brother Hamura sealed Shinju's body into the core of the moon and sealed Kaguya/Shinju's chakra inside of Hagoromo (the sage). Hagoromo then further split that chakra into the 9 tailed beings. The dark will of Kaguya survived separately as Black Zetsu. As for how Kaguya was released from the seal, I'm guessing that just the act of recombining the tailed beasts into the 10-tails and gathering sufficient chakra via Mugen Tsukuyomi was enough to awaken Kaguya?

There's still a lot of loose ends though. I'm not sure how all of this ties in with the story of the fruit. Do the personalities of the tailed beasts represent facets of Kaguya's own personality? And what exactly is sealed inside of the moon? Is it Kaguya's physical female body or the 10-tails body? And is that why she is possessing Madara's body (because hers is sealed inside the moon)?