View Single Post
Old 2009-09-03, 12:02   Link #150
Joe_fh

True but they didn't really know that she wasn't in control of her powers - she showed up atacked the enemy, saved them and passed out. The medic left me with more ofan ipression of aclumsy person that is afraid to speak to someone important thus she is nervous. The Vlakirias were godesses of war so it's more normal to hail them as heroes. Another point is that at no time was it mentioned that they killed their own race or if it was, it was in the episode with the ruin thus only Faldio, Welkin and Alicia knew. Heck most soldiers acted like they didn't know what a Valkyria is.

Mind you I was talking only about the people in Squad 7. The others probably had more of a reason to hail her as a hero since they didn't really care about her feelings as a person. The first instinct might be to be afraid but that would normally last for the first few minutes. They know her well enough so they don't have a decent reason to be afraid. I mean they didn't even talk to her..how do they know she changed as a perso? Well they don't. They're judjing her without reason.

Imagine if your best friend did something that is strange and unusual for his character. In the first minute you might react "wtf did he do" but a few minutes after that when you accept that in fact this is really happening you'll try to understand what's really going on by asking him if he/she is indeed a close and important person to you. They skipped all that. And ot top of that they're all war veterans so they should be able to adapt and asses the situation way more quickly than a normal person would thus the time of the initial shock which might last an hour at best with this sort of thing should be cut down to really just a few minutes.

But well I'm comparing it with how people would react in reality which, as I said a in my previous post, shouldn't be the case in this anime. Thy act too random and too out of character. Considering most of the them don't have enough deveopment as it is, it makes matters even worse. But hey don't say I'm a hater. It sure has it's moments plus some of the characters look good.