View Single Post
Old 2007-09-23, 11:48   Link #17
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I allready guessed that it will be this way after I heard that it will be 12 episode and it will cover 4-5 volumes...

Lets say Kaze No Stigma covers 4 volumes of novels and is 24 episode long anime, and some still complained that it should be longer as the ending was still rushed.

And dont forget that second season had quite a few fillers and half season focus on sub-plot that was only a small part of a single volume...

Basically ZnT = Rushed due to its poor length and due to the amount of info it tries to cover...Now add there unwisely placed fillers and increased focus on sublot (which is what I call bad directing - each filler or sublot hurst really important scenes specially in such short series), and ZnT is filled with fillers...

Basically - make longer series if you add fillers or detailed focus on not important side-stories, or if you make it short - then avoid fillers like fire...

Second season added fillers and still kept the pathetic length of it... The result - while filler episodes dont look too bad (just plain and stupid, which is not necessary bad) but stuffing them into such short series hurts the original story-telling a lot...