View Single Post
Old 2007-10-07, 18:35   Link #22
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsu no Kishi~ Final Thoughts

Honestly, I did not want to bother to give my final thoughts for this sequel which turned out disappointing.

Last week the autumn season started, but, fortunately, for this thread I chose to pick very few titles in comparison to this year's previous season.

The main flaw why this second series failed was that they focused heavily on a newly-introduced character, Agnes, in order to setup the right timing and pacing to explore and study her background.

I also think that the episode where Henrietta reunites with Wales could had been used better, like had the briefly resurrected Wales could had told who is the true leader of the insurrection that is brewing at Albion and what her she is aiming for at short term.

Next, the sequel should had been better off without introducing Louise's family. Another excuse to setup more busty and cute female characters on the sidelines for the pleasure and needs of male otakus.

They should have used the remaining three episodes to dive deep into the schemes that Sheffield was devising, but instead we got to see more useless characters and more Louises' rants about Saito peeping at other girls' breasts.

There wasn't any instance at most of the episodes without Saito being fried or burst by Louises' spells for his sex-transgressions. Give it a break, he's a teen boy with healthy tastes.

I do really miss the precious characters that made the previous season very rich and engaging. It was sad to watch Kirche and Tabatha demoted to the sidelines, as well as Derrflinger (by far my favorite character) having limited participation in the remaining episodes. I really missed Fouquet, where could she have gone to?

The reason why this sequel was dissapointing I read was because they hired a different director to take charge for the second series, and likely I vote that to be one of the many factors that made the second delivery to go downhill.

Although not all is lost, this year is the year for Rie Kugimiya.

She has already voiced Louise, right now she's voicing Nagi Sanzennin which Hayate no Gotoku has entered its second phase of other 26 episodes for the next half-year.

And since last week Shakugan no Shana second series has started. We're hearing Kugimiya Rie in the role that made her well famous in anime, at least that's the case for me, making a comeback as Shana the Enpatsu Shakugan no Uchite.

Returning again are her peers from Zero no Tsukaima second season: Satoshi Hino: previously Saito Hiraaga, and now Sakai Yuuji again; and Ayako Kawasumi: previously Henrietta, and now Kasumi Yoshida.

The second title I concluded for the summer season.

Overall rating: 77/100