Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2004-05-20, 02:14   Link #120
USCPharmacist

Just how much more original can characters be after 6000 years of human literature I wonder? I am afraid we'll reach a point when all we will read are rehash of older work. When you come to think about it, even Harry Potter himself is not too original. I mean how many times do you see a character that is very good at something that is destine to be the best in his field, and character who has mysterious pass that hinted at his "dark side" tendancy (cough A...Skywalker cough).

I admitt Ken is obsessed with little girl and panties which does not necessary make his work great. On the other hand I like the direction of Negi because is unpredictable. I am getting really bore with fighting genry (DBZ syndrome), Mystery genry (the killer is amoung one of us cliche), sport genry (loser team beats "Lakers" at the last episode bull shit). I just wish that Negi won't just have to fall for Asuna at the end because that's just Love Hina Again (and that OVA blows goat).

Negima is, to quote a famous idiot, a box of chocolate...... since it doesn't seem to have any constraint at all. The apparent lack of a central plot can be a good thing sometimes for a series' longivity (just look at The Simpsons). Of course, it takes great skill to pull that off.

Now as to crossing over between Love Hina and Negima, is cool to see how our beloved characters in Love Hina are doing. However, with 31 characters to portray, Ken has a lots of work to do. Also, having old characters in the story will just destroy any chance newer characters having their own spot light. Cameo probably will limit the damage to the minimal, although if Ken is bold enough he might just make Mutsume Negi's mom hahaha
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote