Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-08, 10:10   Link #14076
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
How many nations are claiming the Spratly Islands as theirs?
I think they are China, Vietnam, Taiwan, Malaysia and Philippines.

I still don't know why they are fighting over that stretch, must have been some geologists mapping that there is gas. It would be hilarious to see them drill into stone and lava instead of oil whichever winner start tapping that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Lol word count. I don't think they'll remember their face right after an interview. When shit gets real, however.....
Great, another of my future expenses to be calculated - I am sending my mum to a trading class.

Quote:
That's exactly why people keep making wrong decisions based on false impressions and images. The problem is that the vast majority of people think like that because much of the basis of their knowledge is based on these theories (that's why I consider my degree to be useless because it's all theoretical and will be no matter how much exp I could gain working in that field). As long as people continue to think numbers are the most important factors in determining people's behavior like they're a bunch of sheep, nothing's gonna change. Generalizing business models just doesn't work like they think it is.
The thing about numbers is that it has to be objective, you can't use data from one research for another most of the time because tastes and opinions change over time. Also, the thing we are taught about business statistics is to use a software and plot a chart, anomalies are written on paper but never tested.

People behave like a bunch of sheep, but sheep can be different based on their rearing, whether a girl, a dog or both are used to herd them (or a puppygirl but that is another issue). Many businesses fail because they imitated too much without improvising on their own, and that is what I am worried about SEA, especially China, is getting into because most of the businesses aren't innovations but direct copies.

Quote:
France just gained more respect from me Anyways, they keep lending because they like the prospect of money in the future. The bigger question is, why lend when you're already in debt?
Future prospect : interest. Interest is often defined as the cost of borrowing money, or in banking terms, the profit made from borrowing money. Then someone came up with the idea of bonds so the lender can do another business instead of waiting for the principal to be returned.

But the stupid thing started when a dickwad came up with the idea of selling bonds on the stock exchanges - the people buying them there has no idea whether if the person attached to the bond is going to default and make that bond worthless overnight; even worse is that fund managers in foreign banks and brokerages add the bonds into their portfolios. And guess where the fund managers' capital comes from?

Yes, hardworking, clueless and not-as-well educated like parents of yours and mine. It is going to suck more when their kids are still not out of school yet - entire futures are just ruined like that. Even worse is the psychological countereffect it has as lay-people stop trading or investing due to the fear generated - because stock exchanges increase the availability of goods, and in turn influence the liquidity of money worldwide, cash is going to get colder and it could hurt international trade.

EDIT :

NSFW Sankaku : JSDF Spherical Drone “We Bought Most of the Parts in Akiba”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now add some saw blades and you get a Manhack.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-06-08 at 10:54.