View Single Post
Old 2011-10-20, 03:56   Link #13
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Maho is the legit PF in the team. While she started off as a shooter due to the nature of the Girl vs Boy match, afterwards Subaru had retrained everyone into their proper position, thus turning Maho into a PF and had been teaching her plays under the ring and rebound skills. But Maho being Maho she's still striving to be able to shoot as well as Tomoka so she's unique in that when it comes to it she can draw back and land those medium range shots. The match against Chibi Ribbon actually shows Maho playing under the basket but sadly those got left on the chopping board for the anime.

It would be interesting to see how Aoi arranges the 5th graders into a team. And it looks like that the 5th graders already has another chance to play in the next volume (10).

Anyway the last couple of volumes (7,8) the author is slowly cementing everyone's position and wrote scenarios to show off their skills. Volume 7 is where Airi gets proper training as a centre from a person playing centre (her brother and Aoi), and volume 8 shows us Saki is now a fully capable PG in that not only she can set up the game but can score when needs to (compared to what happened against Chibi Ribbon). Unfortunately volume 9 the girls didn't get to play (just finished reading) so none of the girls got to show off (except Aoi and Subara whom played this time), but I suspect next volume is probably going to be Maho or Hinata's turn to "level up".
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote